Welcome to Style By Erin!

Here, you will have fun learning about new style and how to work existing style!

Monday, April 19, 2010

Jewelry just keeps getting cooler!


It is no secret to my family and friends that I LOVE jewelry! I just keep getting more and more and bigger and blingy-er pieces. Not stuff that is too expensive though, mostly costume jewelry. I have so much jewelry that some pieces I haven't even worn! But I just keep finding cooler and cooler pieces. Like my most recent thing with jewelry is the animal jewelry! OMG! I just found a Parrot Ring (pictured)that I just HAD to have. It was only $40. I know this stuff won't last forever, but I will wear it until I can't wear it anymore. And this brings me to thinking, "how gaudy will I go?" Because just when I think I can't buy a piece more ridiculous than the last, I find something bigger and more gaudier. For example, my Lion Bracelet (pictured) I just HAD to have it! I think I have only worn it once in the 4 months that I have owned it, but I love statement jewelry, and these types of pieces always get people talking.

I say, if you want to wear a piece of jewelry that is big and original and gaudy, DO IT! But only wear one big gaudy piece at a time. Make that the one piece everyone talks about, and go a little simpler on the other pieces. And maybe you want to wear big jewelry but feel that it just isn't you. You can still do it, just start out small and work your way up in size. You will get used to it.

Where does one find these amazing pieces? Well, I just found this awesome store in Marina Del Rey, California called Charla's Place (www.charlasplace.com) where I bought my Parrot Ring. You can also just Google "animal jewelry" or "animal rings" and find just about anything online. And keep your eyes open on specialty boutiques, because they always have cool stuff and it's usually more original than the mass-produced chain stores.

And remember, have fun with your jewelry! Jewelry is meant to be a fun add-on to your outfit!

3 comments:

  1. I like cool jewelry too! You have found some great jewelry. You are so right it is the little stores that you can find the best jewelry. Animal jewelry is very popular right now. I agree you don't have to spend a lot of money to have a look you want. I will be watching your web site for more idea's. KMB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always afraid to wear jewelry that is too big, because it is not my personality to wear big jewelry. But, I like your idea of starting small and then getting bigger. I have one big ring, it is a flower, and at first I felt a little odd wearing it, but then I started getting more compliments on it and I felt more confident wearing it. Are flower rings still in, or is animal jewelry the big thing now? Could you post some pictures of stylish flower rings? I think flower rings may be my signature piece. Thanks for the information, I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Parrot ring is really cool!
    Not only is it really blingy, but it is sparkly too!
    And who doesn't like sparkly :)

    ReplyDelete